If you have already worked in the marketing field, you have probably heard Call to Action or CTA. Otherwise, when surfing the web, you will find web pages that are filled with a call to actions which asked you to take actions such as, buy now, register now, login to the account, add to the card and other activities. Additionally, CTA can be a text or visual link, button or an effective phrase that encourages customers to take actions by telling persuasive reasons.
CTA can take many forms depending on the goal and context. The first question is what action do you want people to take and how to capture their attention and then, design the CTA based on it. Moreover, CTA helps customers decide what to do next. For example, in an online shop, buttons like add to the card, complete the purchase, log in to the account, visit the shopping mall, register or banner ads consist of special offers or time limitations for discounts, can be examples of CTA.
The CTA main goal in an online shop is to lead potential customers to take a specific action that is relevant to their stage in the sales funnel. A desirable CTA can be a beginning point of customer`s interest to your brand or product and hence, generating leads.
Tips for Creating a Good Call to Action
Call to Action Design
- If you want your CTA to be noticeable, use color contrasting. To be stick out, implement color contrast between text, call to action button and the background.
- It has been scientifically proven that there is not one best color for a CTA button, but you need to test different colors and find out which works for your website. Choose a color that contrasts with the background and the other elements on the page, since they can be distinguished easily. An important point in designing CTA is considering color psychology. For example, the green color symbolizes renewal, positivity, money and Red is the color of energy and enhances the heartbeat. Furthermore, the red color is commonly used in sales promotions in order to grab the user`s attention instantly. The blue color represents trust, safety and peace. It is typically used in the banking industry. The yellow color evokes freshness and optimism. Furthermore, yellow is used for capturing the buyer`s attention, who are interested in window shopping.
- Make sure that you make your CTA font size larger than the text font.
- The shape of the CTA should be appealing to Also, the button should not be colorless.
- Ensure that the design and placement of the CTA are desktop and mobile compatible.
- Using a single CTA button in each page. Otherwise, you make visitors be hesitated.
- A suitable position of CTA on the page and the white space around the button draws the user`s attention as it becomes more noticeable.
Desirable Features of CTA Text
- Keep the number of words as minimum as possible to make an effective call-to-action.
- Words should be as simple and straightforward as possible and the asked action should be explained
- Use convincing sentences to encourage users to use call-to-action. For example: use the term Free Services.
- Create a sense of urgency like there is not enough time, to encourage users to click. For example: Buy Now!
- It is better to use first person singular pronoun. For example, my profile instead of your profile.
- CTA should not have a compelling form.
- In order to encourage users, reassure people they`ve got nothing to lose by clicking your CTA button. Consequently, convince the user there is little risk for them to take the action and ease user`s concerns.
- Present the CTA with a short description including content keywords and a clear explanation about the action.
Ultimately, use A/B test for assessing the best design, text, placement and CTA color. In other words, two types of CTA with different color and design in the same period of time will be compared with each other and then, the best one will be selected. Additionally, The Return of Investment (ROI) of the A/B test can be very high.
All companies trying to use call-to-action that generate leads for their business. The importance of a powerful call-to-action on each page of your website cannot be neglected. Macan digital marketing agency is aware of customer needs and preferences. Consequently, Macan digital marketing agency with a talented and dynamic team in the field advertising in Dubai can provide you websites with appealing call-to-actions.